Meisekimu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Your Otaku paradise, where it's too good to be true~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst Anime

Go down 
+2
otakunick
Vicious
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicious

Vicious

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 am

Well thanks to otakunick and Cuperos uh, debate?, in the over hyped anime topic I want to see a list of Anime people don't like, if any...
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:05 am

MD geist this just may be the worst anime ever made its defanetly the worst of the 588 that iv seen
Back to top Go down
http://nicksotakuhome.blogspot.com/
Shiori Kimura
Admin
Shiori Kimura

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 am

Hmm... Beyblade? Lol.

When I first saw that I was like, "Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh rip-off, not to mention pointless". Even if it's aimed for kids, I was still a kid when I saw it and I thought it was stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/shiorikimura
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:28 am

Shiori Kimura wrote:
Hmm... Beyblade? Lol.

When I first saw that I was like, "Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh rip-off, not to mention pointless". Even if it's aimed for kids, I was still a kid when I saw it and I thought it was stupid.

same hear but i loved the tops lol espasholy the metal ones gave my freand a 2inch sash with one
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 am

the main characteristics of bad anime are 3 main things (lucky star referenced it)

1. budget
what many series tends to full to are things that are derived from games and such. and so heavily rely on the fanbase to keep it afloat. and hey in terms of business sense its clever. they are assured profit and they themselves didn't spend that much to begin with. a much safer method than say spending a huge badget and the series going bust.
2. voice talent
budget goes into this as the budget can determine the quality of your actors. the higher ranked the actor, the better quality AND their fanbase assures sales. japan tends to take this very seriously, as they high pop idols and pros and vets of their type-cast. most of which were freakin schooled into it. while the west....you have drama majors....they never get any real voice training unless they have a musical stage history. plus there is also the issue of casting and whether the director allocates the roles correctly. you can have an all star cast, but you won't get anything out of it if u miscast.
3. script
many low budget series only go to 13 episode seasons or less. all full and complete story arcs (baccano baby, he is my master, bokusatsu tenshi dokuro chan). these can be very good if you have a very clever writer....but like the epic of dragonball and (particularly) visual novel series. don't tend to translate well to anime because a)alot of the content is abridged, often missing key details that give the original source "character" and so end up simplifying the final product into a cliche (blame producers, kill them-these guys have no proffession or right to pretend to be writers). and other times when actually translated into something as dynamic as anime...you actually realise the series is kinda stupid and only successful because of the writer's craft rather than the premise of the plot. translating this text, into visual animation...much like japanese to english, can end up being forced to have compromises as some things simply cannot transfer.

consider these characteristics and you will have alot of series to pick from. but as you'll find, these "worst" anime tend to all be the same.

what i find interesting is the crap that gets praise because people cannot see trash for gold or vice versa.

disagree. 1 word. twilight.
another word. clamp. i don't worship them nor do i hate them...but dammit they come up with such crap 60-70% of the time and fans just eat it all up as if it were all gold.
Back to top Go down
Shiori Kimura
Admin
Shiori Kimura

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

^ lol Twilight. Didn't Stephen King say something about her writing skills? Razz

As for CLAMP, I've only finished watching Chobits and Cardcaptor Sakura. I enjoyed CCS more than Chobits though.
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Shiori Kimura wrote:
^ lol Twilight. Didn't Stephen King say something about her writing skills? Razz

As for CLAMP, I've only finished watching Chobits and Cardcaptor Sakura. I enjoyed CCS more than Chobits though.

lol what writing skills?

thats their 30-40% at work. I also recommend angleic layer but that has a huuuuuuge flaw during the fights which i'll cover on the other thread

the story (chobits) is damn good but the concept.

ok lets be honest. in the real world. If persocoms existed no guy would be like the main guy. being all shy can crap.

no....the reason persocoms would be popular would be because they boomed in the sex doll industry AND THEN they added extra features like an AI to hold and manage programmes.

not the reverse order. I'm all about the suspension of disbelief, but clamp (and much of japan for that matter-BLITZBALL PLSAY THROWING BALLS UNDERWATER FOR MORE THAN 4 MINUTES EACH TIME!? no! no! that is bull crap!!!!!!) DO NOT know how to do it.

but they do get it right on CCS. and then fk it up at tsubasa.
I swear guys one of these days I'll be so damn good at what I do i'll be running lectures on this crap! BECAUSE THE WORLD MUST STOP BEING SO RETARDED
Back to top Go down
Shiori Kimura
Admin
Shiori Kimura

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am

Cuperos wrote:

lol what writing skills?
Lol! I did try reading Twilight (the first book) because I wanted to see why a lot of people liked it, and why another half of people (including Stephen King) said that Stephenie Meyer can't write at all.

I didn't even reach half the book and I gave up reading it. And I concluded that JK Rowling walks all over Stephenie Meyer, like she was the dirt under her house. D: (I heard even people compare the two authors as if they were on par with each other. What.)

Cuperos wrote:

I swear guys one of these days I'll be so damn good at what I do i'll be running lectures on this crap! BECAUSE THE WORLD MUST STOP BEING SO RETARDED

Lol. Tsubasa. I watched the first season but I didn't finish watching the second. The relationship between Sakura and Syaoran there was waaaaaaaaayyyyy too cheesy and mushy for me though. I prefer the CCS Sakura and Syaoran. D:
And the story was just... weird.
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mZbTCqF2s

this is the only way to make twilight bearable
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 am

Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

thats their 30-40% at work. I also recommend angleic layer but that has a huuuuuuge flaw during the fights which i'll cover on the other thread

ok lets be honest. in the real world. If persocoms existed no guy would be like the main guy. being all shy can crap.

no....the reason persocoms would be popular would be because they boomed in the sex doll industry AND THEN they added extra features like an AI to hold and manage programmes.

not the reverse order. I'm all about the suspension of disbelief, but clamp (and much of japan for that matter-BLITZBALL PLSAY THROWING BALLS UNDERWATER FOR MORE THAN 4 MINUTES EACH TIME!? no! no! that is bull crap!!!!!!) DO NOT know how to do it.

the tsubasa anime is trash but the mangas rely good in all housty almost all clamp manga dusint do as good as anime its wers its almost like how all anime by kia asamiy has endings that leve the story open for more but never get that second season lol
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 am

otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

the tsubasa anime is trash but the mangas rely good in all housty almost all clamp manga dusint do as good as anime its wers its almost like how all anime by kia asamiy has endings that leve the story open for more but never get that second season lol

i reccomend watching and reading real stories. not convulated (this is an important word) formulaic trash.
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

i reccomend watching and reading real stories. not convulated (this is an important word) formulaic trash.

i think your reading to much into thare storys if you think that yea storys like chobits had a depper message but not all thare stuff is like that most of the time its fun little farytails and as for read other things i cud name a manga that if you read all of in in one day youd probly whant to kill yourself from how depressing the plot is iv been a fan for over 12 years man iv got quite then colection
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

i think your reading to much into thare storys if you think that yea storys like chobits had a depper message but not all thare stuff is like that most of the time its fun little farytails and as for read other things i cud name a manga that if you read all of in in one day youd probly whant to kill yourself from how depressing the plot is iv been a fan for over 12 years man iv got quite then colection

take this into account. i found mai's daily life boring in comparison to battle royale (despite wat ppl say...the movie as crap-none of the gits could act)).
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:58 am

Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

take this into account. i found mai's daily life boring in comparison to battle royale (despite wat ppl say...the movie as crap-none of the gits could act)).

okay thata a little unfare comparing clamps manga to battle royale not every thing is a masterpice dude and its rely unfare to hold stuff thats clerly not a masterpice to sumthing that is you only draw comparasons on equel turms
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:33 am

otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

okay thata a little unfare comparing clamps manga to battle royale not every thing is a masterpice dude and its rely unfare to hold stuff thats clerly not a masterpice to sumthing that is you only draw comparasons on equel turms

thats like saying one crappy football team should not be compared with another more elite football team just because 1 is better...

thats kinda the freakin point. to see the vast contrast and learn y such things are better.

plus my comparison is mai's daily life (a guro meant to shock/arouse you) and battle royale who plot has a more broader, rounded purpose in regards to violence.
Back to top Go down
SapphireRouge
Admin
SapphireRouge

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 am

I dislike the "Proxy Battle" genre. This includes pokemon, digimon, yugi-oh, beyblade, crush gear etc. They just aren't my cup of tea.

I found Tsubasa somewhat enjoyable. The way it gets linked to xxxHolic and the interaction of both stories to each other is well done in my opinion. They took a risk at a type of story telling that may not sell but lucky for them that it did.
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 am

SapphireRouge wrote:
I dislike the "Proxy Battle" genre. This includes pokemon, digimon, yugi-oh, beyblade, crush gear etc. They just aren't my cup of tea.

I found Tsubasa somewhat enjoyable. The way it gets linked to xxxHolic and the interaction of both stories to each other is well done in my opinion. They took a risk at a type of story telling that may not sell but lucky for them that it did.

if you read their manga you'll find that they've always been intertextual with their own work.

they KNEW it would work (the intertextua;lity at least)

don't believe?
technology for persocoms and creator of chobits?
dr icchan himself, creator of angelic layer (his wife in chobits WAS NOT, misakichi's mother-plot hole much?).
the story of the tale of the city with no ppl?
in xxxholic the twins were reading it at one time.

and i'm dead sure there are some from x and rey earth too that are not on xxxholic and tsubasa. the 2 series that relies heavily on this intertextuality to bring in the readers. kinda pathetic really...

its like those abridgers that think making a refernce=top-notch comedy.
Back to top Go down
SapphireRouge
Admin
SapphireRouge

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 am

Well, I can't deny that Tsubasa itself is a hodgepodge of their works but it works. The story itself isn't that bad. They merely borrow appearances from their other works but the story itself is different from their other works. It's like giving their fans a new look perspective on the characters or making readers see how a character would be like in a different persona.
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 am

Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
Shiori Kimura wrote:

lol what writing skills?

thats like saying one crappy football team should not be compared with another more elite football team just because 1 is better...

thats kinda the freakin point. to see the vast contrast and learn y such things are better.

plus my comparison is mai's daily life (a guro meant to shock/arouse you) and battle royale who plot has a more broader, rounded purpose in regards to violence.

yea but your going to exstreem stuff from clamp is ushly betwen 4 to 5 on a 1 to 10 scale so comparing it to stuff thats a 6 to 8 is resanabol but 9 and 10s are on a completly other level im saying this becuse its a a rule of thubm amoung us reviewers you shud alwas trie to compar things to other thing ner its level because its more resanabol im not going to combare sumthing like evangelion to sumthing like dai gard thars to much of a difrence in wrighting skill no one will take you serusly
Back to top Go down
SapphireRouge
Admin
SapphireRouge

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 am

Excel Saga.
Meh I couldn't stand the irritating main character. Had a lot of funny moments but more of annoying moments.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:48 am

SapphireRouge wrote:
Excel Saga.
Meh I couldn't stand the irritating main character. Had a lot of funny moments but more of annoying moments.

Excel Saga is bad? I tried reading the manga once before, but it was only the first volume. I didn't think it was bad.
Back to top Go down
https://meisekimu.forumotion.com
SapphireRouge
Admin
SapphireRouge

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:44 am

^Some may find it funny, but I found it annoying.
And yes, I still dislike card games and toy battle animes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst Anime  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime    Worst Anime  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Anime
Page 1 of 1