Meisekimu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Your Otaku paradise, where it's too good to be true~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doujin card game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:12 am

You know what i think would be fun?

An otaku based card game. I mean its so rich in culture that you just have to do something like this.

to use as a base i think a good idea is to use the duel masters system in terms of rules. because that way something is always happening.

basically cards have a certain value of energy needed to be summoned but each card in your hand can be used as energy (i will refer to this energy as desu-because of the meme needs more desu, no exception. and i want that to be the games tag line). and you can only summon cards that are of the type that are inside your desu area.

card types-this will be the major genres in anime/manga
shounen (mech, martial arts, etc.), and shojo (includes yaoi, yuri and moe/ecchi)

to begin with

then maybe guro and hentai as a third type.

so lets say. you want to summon the "cosplay" card. You need 1 shojo type in your desu area and several others to summon it.

shield cards-these are the cards that protect you and act as your life. when one is hit you will put that card in your hand. You lose the game when your shields are all gone and is attacked.

and finally card types (2)
you have characters (cards you use to attack and defend-same number monsters during a fight do not die but become stunned for the turn they fight and the next turn the player that attacked can attack). also tapped summons can be specificaly targetted by the opponent but much can be defended in the same way as a player can be.

effects (this affects gameplay)

power up (this effects summons)

In the event that effects are one of your shield cards. you can summon them upon putting them in your hand at half the cost that turn. that way it will always be wise to always save a few desu at the end of your turn just in case.

notice how i avoided the cards types from duel master like double breakers (breaks 2 shield cards per unblocked attack) and defenders (only creatures allowed to block attacks). summons will only be able to deal with 1 card at a time per cycle (thats 2 turns, yours and the opponents and vice versa-e.g. you attack with 1 summon that summon cannot then defend on your opponents turn)

notice how i avoided the cards types from duel master like double breakers (breaks 2 shield cards per unblocked attack) and defenders (only creatures allowed to block attacks).

shojo cards tend to cause negative effects on opponent summons while supporting itself with special non-destructive effects

shounen cards tend to hold strengthening buffs for your summons while effects attack your opponent rather than weaken them.

well...heres a few ideas. lets make up loads of cards to see if we can create a deck. just please...consider balance.

dragonball z
number 1
shounen
cost: 2
Scouter
effect
Will be able to attack specific untapped summons uninterrupted so long as a summon that is over 9000 is not on the field.
"what does the scouter say about their power level?"

gurren laggan
number 2
shounen
cost: 4
Viral
character
power level 6000
Viral gains a +1000 everytime Viral fights the same character. This bonus only applies to that one summon he fights with and will reset when this character is either destroyed or viral fights another character.
"surprise attacks only work once"

well...
number 3
shojo
cost: 2
Panties
effect
All male and yuri characters lose 1000 units of their power level for one turn. after effect takes place the card is discarded
"underpants underpants"-chi

neon genesis evangelion
Number 4
shounen
cost: 1
The third child
character
power level: 1000
When attacking Shinji Pilots Eva unit 01 and deals x-thousand equal to the amount of desu used for him to attack.
"I mustn't run away"

gurren laggan
Number 5
shounen
Simon the digger
cost: 3
power level: 2000
Laggan impact: has the ability to take control of enemy mechs if you tap enough desu equal to the "power level" of the target. Flip a coin to see if simon succeeds. If heads, discard simon and replace him with the hi-jacked mech. If tails simon will remain in play while all the desu remains tapped.
"Once I've dug though, that means I've won"

well...
number 6
shojo
cost 3
tsundere
buff
target character will receive a 3000 bonus when attacking but will longer be able to defend.
"as if I'd have feeling towards the likes of you"

welll...
number 7
shojo
cost 3
yandere
buff
target character will receive a 3000 bonus on their power level when defending but will no longer be able to attack.
"No one loves you more than I do"
the above two cards can be used on either side.

bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan
number 8
shojo
cost 5
Pipirupirupipirupi!
effect
chosen destroyed monsters from your graveyard and returned to your hand.
"The bat that can do anything excalibolg"

love hina
Number 9
shojo
cost 6
Naru Narusegawa
power level: 5000
at the cost of 2 desu upon attack the defending character will be returned to your opponent's hand if not destroyed, even if naru herself is killed in the combat.
"you pervert"

well...
Number 10
Shojo
cost 4
Harem
buff
chosen character will give characters of the opposite sex a bonus 1000 on power level on their own side and a plus 500 on characters of the same sex on the opponents side. effect will end when this character is destroyed
"We're not your Harem! student council"

clannad
number 11
shojo
cost 5
youhei sunohara
power level 200
when defending sunohara will always fight as if his power level is equal to the attacking summon.
"I'm gonna die"

naruto
number 12
shounen
cost 3
power level 3000
Naruto uzumaki
shadow clone jutsu: at the cost of 1 desu naruto can attack without tapping.
"sometimes even I can't believe it"

clannad
number 13
shojo
Fuko Ibuki
cost 2
power level 1000
Whistle: at the cost of 3 desu return chosen summon to hand. buffs attached to it will be discarded.
fuko cannot attack other shojo characters as they cause her to space out.
"starfish heat!"

gurren laggan
number 14
shounen
spiral power
cost 6
effect
all characterss on your side receive a power level bonus of 9000 when attacking but will lose the ability to defend when they do so for the rest of the game.

flcl
number 15
shounen
Naota Nandaba
cost 3
power level 1000
so long as naoto is on the field summoning mechs will cost only half.
"I hate the sour stuff"

flcl
number 16
Shounen
A Gibson Flying V
cost 3
effect
a chosen effect at play will do the reverse of what it does.
"Ka-kin"

lucky star
number 17
shojo
legendary girl A
cost 4
power level 4000/10,000
Henshin: 6
"bitchin"
*when characters have more than one power levels it means they can transform into the alternate power levels eachs turn. only one level up per turn.

well...
number 18
neutral
Henshin
buff
cost 3
Able to cause a character to transform without having to pay the henshin cost.
"I love fish"

death note
Number 19
shounen
Death note
cost 5
effect
destroy 1 summon and put death note into the graveyard
*only allowed 3 death notes in a single deck
"those who's names are written in the death note shall die"

dragon ball
Number 20
shounen
X (1-7) star dragonball
cost 1-7
buff
When all 7 are on your side you win the game. However if an enemy summon defeats the holder, the dragon ball will be theirs to hold until taken back.

cosplay party
Number 21
shojo
cosplay
cost 2
buff
can mimic the ability of one of the summons in the field except henshin.

evangelion
number 22
shounen
Dummy plug Eva Unit 01
cost 6
character
power level: 7000
"I am not a puppet I am me"

Bleach
number 23
shounen
Ichigo Kurosaki
cost 5
power: 3000/7000/11,000
Henshin: 3
*for henshin to be used ichigo must die in combat. it will count as a successful defence but ichigo returns to the field the next turn instead of being discarded.

ouran high school host club
number 24
shojo
the flames of moe
cost 4
effect
on the start of the turn after activation, shield cards can be tapped for desu. however much like tapped characters tapped shield cards cannot defend the player from attack.

negima
Number 25
shounen
Jack rakan
character
cost 7
power level 8000
for 3 desu rakan has the ability to destroy effect cards with his will once per turn but doing so will tap him.

Last edited by Cuperos on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiori Kimura
Admin
Shiori Kimura

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 am

^ You have a wild imagination.

And I like it. Razz

But then what if there was a card like Death Note? Neutral

All other cards will be wiped out in 40 seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/shiorikimura
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 am

Shiori Kimura wrote:
^ You have a wild imagination.

And I like it. Razz

But then what if there was a card like Death Note? Neutral

All other cards will be wiped out in 40 seconds.

easy... it will be near impossible to summon or just not be included

it will be an instant death card for 1 summon. there...

Last edited by Cuperos on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vicious

Vicious

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 am

I like the idea jus no dbz, too over powering but db is ok...lol
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am

Vicious wrote:

I might have a dragon ball cards and when you summon them all you win the game. but definitely going to avoid going past the freiza saga.

ok here.
dragonball
shounen
X star dragon ball
buff
cost X
when all seven are on the field and on your side. the game is won.
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 am

Vicious wrote:

help me make more cards!

i need 60 for shojo and shounen

ideally

30 summons
15 buffs
15 effects.
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 am

sadly i dont think this would work thare are far to many broken charters like

nanoha this fucking girl can produse a bladt lorger then any DBZ chater ever had in about 5 seconds )

alucard (the fucker is a vampire you cat kill even with a stake to the heart and a beheading i know this because they tried to do that he just came back)

evangelion unit one(do i even need to say why i meen it becomes god)

ideon(blows up the fucking univers)

i meen its a nice idea but youd have to serusly nuff chaters like this
Back to top Go down
http://nicksotakuhome.blogspot.com/
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:16 am

otakunick wrote:

nanoha this fucking girl can produse a bladt lorger then any DBZ chater ever had in about 5 seconds )

alucard (the fucker is a vampire you cat kill even with a stake to the heart and a beheading i know this because they tried to do that he just came back)

take any budokai game. do you blow up the planet each time you fight? no they are nerfed.

some things can be taken literally from the series or vaguely done so.
Back to top Go down
otakunick

otakunick

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:

take any budokai game. do you blow up the planet each time you fight? no they are nerfed.

true but the mager issu is witch chaters get nufed iv played many anime mash up games like the SRW games and thats a game whare alot of stuff gets nurfed and everyone alwas complains about thar favert mecha geting nurfed more then it show like i sed not a bad idea but with how fussy anime fans are i dont think it would work not to menchon the licensing hell
Back to top Go down
http://nicksotakuhome.blogspot.com/
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:21 pm

otakunick wrote:
Cuperos wrote:
otakunick wrote:

true but the mager issu is witch chaters get nufed iv played many anime mash up games like the SRW games and thats a game whare alot of stuff gets nurfed and everyone alwas complains about thar favert mecha geting nurfed more then it show like i sed not a bad idea but with how fussy anime fans are i dont think it would work not to menchon the licensing hell

licenscing is an issue to those who want money.

i want this to be a card game mugen. i'll only select cards that go inyo a certain range of power or be nurfed as fairly as possible....hence no goku....pt have onlu goku from the frizea saga and no further (but most likely just goku from dragon ball).

ppl can reject the idea and make their own or not...they're the ones making the cards and playing it.

once i make my shounen and shojo range... I'm going to stick to those cards as mine...and only play with those cards. I eill hold it as the standard.

but i'm still in the process of making these cards.

I need lots more before i begin tweaking around to balance it all out.
Back to top Go down
Vicious

Vicious

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 am

So this is the same idea as mugen but in card form....
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 am

Vicious wrote:
So this is the same idea as mugen but in card form....

no idea if this is a bad jk or not. because having similarities drawn between 2 utterly different genres of games is a bit redundant.

its like saying this is romance in sports form.

but taking it the non-redundant way (the socital sense). I want to be able to say "these cards are my own and i know that wprk and hence as official cards, these should be used over any you make."

but seeing as some people may create more character accurate cards than me. I'd like to say. sort of (to ur comment) but not the cesspit mugen has become.

any cards that are created not by me...will be usuable in any official matches (if it gets that big)...If i've approved its use. nothing kills a game more than fanboy favouritism.

but as i'll once again repeat. I can't even make a start if i don't have enough range of cards to make different kinds of decks which i will then test out for balance. and then tweak here and there.

e.g. i'm not a big mech fan...so my knowledge is limited in that area. what you got for me?

rigt now my big issue is
1. magical girls can transform and mechs combine to become stronger.
1a. whether these new forms require a new card entirely or info on the new form held on the one card (i mean i hated having enough mana to evolve a summon and can't BECAUSE THE evolved CARD IS NOT IN MY HAND). I'm thinking maybe, cards can be double sided. so when it transforms you flip the card. how to do that tho is a mystery to me as printing that might be an issue.
1b. in terms of scale mech cards are the most powerful cards in the game but lack any special abilities (they just have their huge power level). while magical girls tho weaker (rarely going over 9000) still have special abilities but with the added bonus of being hard to kill (when a magical is beaten in combat they revert back to their previous form and can be later re-transformed if u pay the henshin cost).
1c. combine cards do not have a desu cost like with henshins. yuo just need the card in your hand and you summon it into the field like a normal character. you just lose the 2 characters as result.
2. how many transformations should i have? I'm leaning on cards holding only 2 forms
3. technically (right now). you can have a single type of card for your whole deck. I'm thinking about minimum requirements for a deck to be legit. e.g. certain amount of characters, power-ups (renamed from buff) and effects are required for a deck to be legit. otherwise the ratio can be whatever you want beyond the minimum.
3a. cheap cards like instant death cards should have a certain limit in having in a deck. so as well as the 3 main types...i might add card rankings of which you can tell how many of each card you are allowed. e.g. a rare card can be 5 max per deck. while uncommon can be 15 and common can be unlimited (a deck size is 30 minimum but u can go over that as much as you want).

but for me to come to a conclusion on these...i need card ideas. come on...show me ur knowledge.

when designing cards...consider these 2 major flaws in card games.
1. always needing "that 1 card". i fking hate that...matches end up finishing because the player can't do bugger all to turn the tide. when creating cards. consider its place in a deck....consider that no matter what card you draw. YOU WILL ALWAYS be able to do something to fight back.

2. no card must ever be able to own the match. it must always have a certain flaw. e.g, when using a certain ability (as u'll notice with my examples). the card is usually weak AND to use the ability, the card needs to be tapped. so if you use the ability...the enemy can attack that card with the ability directly....

but conversely...much like an untapped card can defend a player it can defend a fellow character too.

always consider this balance of counter and counter-counter. where as in other games players are usually impotent to do certain things. that stuff is bull crap.
Back to top Go down
lovekawakawaii

lovekawakawaii

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:59 am

You could make this game easily on a digital platform. For an example of what that would look like try elementsthegame.com
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:47 am

lovekawakawaii wrote:
You could make this game easily on a digital platform. For an example of what that would look like try elementsthegame.com

was considering that but that would require constant patching as new cards are made everyso often.

plus coding is a witch slap to the brain.
Back to top Go down
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:37 pm

ok! I finalised the rules but instead of editing the first post I'll post it here so you can compare. The character rules have been modded too.

But I'll let my prototypes demonstrate this rather than show you images when i finally get a chance to test play this baby.

Deck building
The minimum number of cards you need for a deck is 30 and each card has a certain rarity and the rarer the card the more powerful it is, so naturally you will be limited in how many of these kinds of cards you have in your deck. These come into three rarities.

Common-Infinity number of cards. There is technically nothing stopping you from filling your deck up to the hundreds and it is very possible to employ a whole deck of these cards alone to play the game. Regardless of how you structure your deck this will always be the staple of what you draw into your hand.

Uncommon-The limit of this cards is a maximum of 15 cards per deck. These are usually the cards that you need to give yourself an advantage or to mount a quick defense against an enemy player’s strategy. Choose these cards carefully as these can usually be the cards that will sustain your advantage or minimise your losses. Just remember, the cards you choose will reveal how you will play the game.

Rare: You can only have 5 of these cards per deck and they usually mean the beginning of your victory or loss. These cards tend to be quite difficult to summon but when you do it will be worth all the effort.

The kinds of cards that are rare, uncommon and common.

All power-up and effect cards (discussed later), are all uncommon cards. Moreover you can only have 2 copies of each card in your deck.

Common character cards differ depending on which side you choose from. If you choose the shojo side, the common cards are your Mascots while on the shounen side the Heroes.

The uncommon characters are the Moe characters on the shojo side and on the shounen you have the Side-kicks.

The rare characters tend to be the Magical on the shojo side and mechs on the shounen side.

*advance info
Power-ups are attached to characters when summoned
Effects simply exist in the field.

The character types
Each play style is divided into genres. The two majors ones are Shojo and Shounen.

Shounen tend to be heavily offensive based with alot of power-ups and effects boosting power levels (more on that later).

Side-kicks-Have supporting abilities that help in heroes fight in battle but they themselves do not have a strong ability in combat.

Heroes-Are the main combat characters you use and will most likely be the card that breaks enemy shields or defensive characters for side-kicks to sneak past. The problem is they tend to be rather difficult to summon at the start.

Mechs-these are usually summoned through a special move called combination or combining which requires two specific characters to be already in the field and the rare mech card to be in your hand. To combine is usually free in terms of desu but to summon the card you need to lose the two characters in the field. The good thing about mechs though is that they are the most powerful characters in the game. I mean get real, mechs can usually destroy whole battalions of ships. Usually lacks special abilities

Shojo characters are the heavily defensive types, much of their power-ups disrupting enemy attacks or locking them from taking certain actions (usually attacking). Not much in terms of power but be careless and they’ll walk all over your defenses.

Mascots-These characters are cheap to summon but have important support abilities that render enemy’s attempts at strategy fruitless as they stun characters and destroy effects. The downside to them is their weakness, when using these abilities they are exposed to attack and can easily be disposed of. Defending these characters can mean life and death. Luckily these cards are your common cards.

Moe-These characters will be your main means of direct defense and offense. These cards tend to have a great ability to mulitask between defending and attacking as their abilities usually require desu instead of tapping.

Magical-These characters tend to start off as strong as moe characters and transform via a special move called henshin. This is when you level up the character into a stronger character. You will find that this will be your main offense, which unlike the shounen deck, means they are a must in your standard shojo deck. Though they are weaker than Mecha characters they do not die easily. If you defeat a magical character in their henshin form they will not die but instead revert to their original form. Exceptions to the henshin type tend to be expensive to summon and hold special abilities.

*advanced rules
You cannot summon two of the same character in the field at once. You can have as many copies as you want in the deck but only one in the field. The only instant where you have two of the same character is when the enemy’s character switches to your side somehow.

You cannot combine characters on the turn they were summoned.

This is exactly the same with Henshin except this only counts on the first henshin. If you summon a copy of your magical character to the field when the original has died, that copy can transform upon summoning.

Although two of the same character cannot be summoned two power ups and effects can be and can be layered.

Some card types that are typically on one genre can appear in others. These exceptions to the rule tend to be very special cards that aren’t usually played in the same way as their normal versions.

How to play
The turn phases run in this order.

Reset-Cards that should be untapped this turn will return to normal, ready for use. This is usually after a cycle. A single cycle starts from your turn’s end to your opponents turn’s end. What is reset are characters, desu and effects.

Desu-This is when you draw a card from your deck and from your hand place cards in the desu area to use as desu. Desu is your energy that you use to perform certain actions like abilities and summons.

Summoning-this is the interesting bit. In this phase you can summon and attack in any order you wish but actions hold their own phases. For example, when your character attacks, your opposent chooses to defend or not and combat is calculated. During that, you cannot summon power-ups or effects or characters into play, you can however before and after.

End turn.

*advanced rules
When two characters meet in the field as defender and attack, their power levels are compared and the highest number wins.

Characters with the same Power level become tapped for a whole cycle, rendering defenders useless next turn.

Tapped character cards are attackable by characters of the opposing side much in the same way as shield cards and players; hence it is possible for another character to defend another character.

Power-ups when summoned can be given to enemy characters as well as your own. This does not apply to effects.

Attacking tapped characters is treated in the same way as normal battles.

Parts of the field.

There will be various areas to take note of. It doesn’t essentially matter how you place the cards as long as it is clear which parts arewhat. Your field is filled with the following.

Shield cards: these cards are face down cards that protect the player from losing the game. If characters pass through your defense they will attack your shield cards. You will only lose the game if you get attacked with no shield cards in play, not when you run out of shield cards. The amount of shields is the amount both players agree upon.

Desu: These are upside down to show upside down number one at the bottom of all cards. Any card from your hand can be played into the desu area but only once per turn unless there is a card that says otherwise.

Deck: this holds the rest of your deck that you will draw from once per turn unless you use a card that says otherwise.

Graveyard: these are all your discarded cards that you have used and are no longer effective. Effects that run out its effectiveness, power-ups killed with the character that died and dying characters tend to go here.

Hand: on your first turn you draw 7 cards to form your hand and draw another 1 per turn to expand it. These are the cards that you summon into play.

*advanced rules
when a shield card it is turned faced up for the opponent to see and then it is drawn into your hand.
If the shield card drawn is an effect or power-up card it can be summoned on that turn for half the cost of desu.

Henshin or combination cannot be used if the characters for it are tapped.

Effects and power-ups can be used on your opponents turn.

when designing cards...consider these 2 major flaws in card games.
1. always needing "that 1 card". i fking hate that...matches end up finishing because the player can't do bugger all to turn the tide. when creating cards. consider its place in a deck....consider that no matter what card you draw. YOU WILL ALWAYS be able to do something to fight back.

2. no card must ever be able to own the match. it must always have a certain flaw. e.g, when using a certain ability (as u'll notice with my examples). the card is usually weak AND to use the ability, the card needs to be tapped. so if you use the ability...the enemy can attack that card with the ability directly....
Back to top Go down
Shiori Kimura
Admin
Shiori Kimura

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:14 am

Rare cards should have holographic cards too. Lol. Razz

Come to think of it, I wonder if someone could really make a game out of this. Well at least like a program or something. That'll be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/shiorikimura
Cuperos

Cuperos

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

Shiori Kimura wrote:
Rare cards should have holographic cards too. Lol. Razz

Come to think of it, I wonder if someone could really make a game out of this. Well at least like a program or something. That'll be cool.

that would be ideal BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE A NORMAL LET ALONE HOLOGRAPHICS!?

but ja game it would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doujin card game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin card game   Doujin card game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doujin card game
Page 1 of 1